"Copic Airbrushed Seascape"

Sunday, October 3, 2010
Last Thursday at our weekly stamp club meeting I decided to do a couple of airbrushed seascapes. I did not have my compressor with me, but I did have my ABS1 system and a can of air.

The scenes are made up of stamps that I recieved from "Raisinboat Stamps". They are silouette stamps so they work quite well with airbrushed backgrounds.


Here are the two cards that I made;


"Relax by the Sea"

And here is the second card;



"Lighthouse by the Sea"


To airbrush the backgrounds, I use text weight paper as a shield. I rip the paper to the shape that I need for the scene. Save the torn pieces, because you will need them for the reverse shield. Very simple, but effective.
All of the stamping of the images from the stamp sets was done in a Memento, Tuxcedo Black. Where ever I did not get a good solid black image I filled in with a black Copic marker.
Where I wanted sea gulls, I used as black Copic Multiliner pen.
The waves and the foam along the surf line were made using a white gel pen.The other embelishments were hemp twine and some seashells. The seashells were painted with a Krylon Copper Leafing pen.
Don't be afraid of trying airbrushing with you Copics, it's easy, give it a try.
Hope you enjoy and are inpired to give it a try.
Now I back to my honey do list, home improvement.
Your comments are always appreciated, and I enjoy reading them.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.

5 Response to ""Copic Airbrushed Seascape""

  1. Alicia B says:
    October 3, 2010 at 10:11 AM

    Bob, These are just gorgeous- I love this technique!! *Hugs*

  2. Anonymous Says:
    October 3, 2010 at 10:55 AM

    Oh WOW Bob!!! Those are GORGEOUS!!!!

  3. Chris says:
    October 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM

    Ahhh, Bob. One of those chairs has my name on it. :) Beautiful

  4. Kathy Billings says:
    October 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM

    Beautiful cards Bob!!!

  5. Arts by Sara says:
    October 25, 2010 at 1:22 PM

    These are really beautiful Bob! You did an awesome job! I love them! Happy Creating! Sara

Post a Comment