Morning Glory

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


Welcome to my blog. I hope you like and are inspired by some of my cards to create a new cards yourself.
Todays card is of a "Morning Glory". I don't remember what company the stamp came from, but if you know, let me know so that I can make a note of it.

The image was stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils. The reason I like to work with these pencils is the vibrancy of the colors. One other advantage of these pencils is that once the first color is dry, it can be shaded with the next color without disturbing the first color. You can see this in the flowers.

And here is my rendition of the flower;


"Morning Glory"

The patterned paper used is from "The Angel Company". The cardstock use is from "WinWorld" the Colormate series.

For those of you that like to use Watercolor Pencils, you really need to try the "Derwent Inktense" watercolor pencils. One suggestion, if you by them, buy atleast the set of 24 colors or higher. These sets give a much larger selection of colors.

Have fun, practice with what every coloring medium you chose. Each one has thier own characteristics. You will find the one that suits your coloring preference.

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Bob L.







5 Response to "Morning Glory"

  1. Febe says:
    June 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM

    Beautiful Bob! I like how you have the background papers on an angle-- and how the flowers differ. Love to the final touch of the "prisma" flower (?). Sorry I don't know the morning glory company.. but you did color it and shade it with perfection!

    Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring one and all.

    :) Febe
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CopicMusketeers/

  2. Chris says:
    June 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM

    One of my favorite flowers. I love how you offset the flower and the pinker colors on the back one. Also like the use of the triangles under the picture. As always you make me want to color and create.

  3. Arts by Sara says:
    June 23, 2010 at 6:40 PM

    Beautiful Job Bob! I love the colors that you choose! I have never heard of those watercolor pencils; but, I am just starting on my artistic journey. So thank you for bring a new and wonderful product to my attention! LOL! You know that you are an enabler, don't you! LOL! It's fine, I think we all are! Happy Creating! Sara

  4. Crazystamper says:
    June 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM

    Lovely card Bob, so pretty & bright. Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

  5. Sue says:
    June 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

    Beautiful card! I love the way you colored the flowers. They look so real. Hope you are staying cool in this hot Georgia weather.

Post a Comment