Happy Snowman

Monday, November 23, 2009

Yesterday I attended the Copic Certification Course, in Columbia, SC at the "Stamping Place". Barbara, Judy and crew were excellent hosts and did a great job on the setup for the event, including marking the parking spaces.

The class was given by Salley Lynn McDonald, a fabulous instructor and very entertaining, to boot. I learned a lot at the class, which I know will help with my Copic marker coloring. She covered everything that you need to know about the Copic line of products. The subjects covered were, ink characteristics, papers, blending and airbrushing. Plus many more subject. I'll have to go through my class notes to review it all and practice, practice, and more practice. All and all it was well worth the cost of registration. We all had a great time.

Here is a card that I finished up before attending the class. I call it "Happy Snowman".

He is a cute little snowman, from a stamp that I have had for years. I don't know which company he is from, because I took him off of his wooden block and mounted him on Creative Cling. Much easier to store.

I use "Puffy Tulip Paint " at his base and heated it with some Prisma-Glitter to add dimension. The color of the markers I used are listed below the card


"Happy Snowman"

"Colors Used"

Tree & Holly:G14, G16, G19 Bottons: BG02, BG05 Hat: E11, E13, E15, E17 Scarf:YR16, YR08 Hat Band: R22, R24, R27

The background papers use are a wrinkled white paper, that I picked up a few years ago, That gives the impression of snow drifts, and a patterned paper from the Angel Company. The stars on the paper were colored with a glitter pen. A Spica Blue pen was used to write over the saying.

If you have any question, please make a comment.

That's all for today.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Bob L.


3 Response to "Happy Snowman"

  1. Billie's Scrappetique says:
    November 23, 2009 at 11:23 AM

    Great card, Bob! I love snowmen...is this card for ME? :o)

  2. megline says:
    November 26, 2009 at 3:59 PM

    Beautiful card. I love the coloring of your snowman.
    Hugs, Line

  3. AnnS says:
    November 27, 2009 at 11:20 AM

    I just came across your blog. Your work is magnificent. I will stop back often.
    AnnS

Post a Comment