TK Guardian Castle (Copic Version)

Saturday, April 3,2010

This morning I finished up the Copic Marker Version of the "Guadian Castle". You will see the difference right away. The Copic version is much more vibrant than the Prismacolor pencil version.


Copic Tidbit:

When coloring a very detailed stamp such as this, takes a little different technique. The trick to it is that you are layering colors, and then blending the darker color with the lighter maker color in a brush pull stroke. No circles, because they are very small area that you are working with.


It is much faster with the Copic. It took me longer to pick out the colors than it did to color the image. It only took me a half hour to finish the image. The image was stamped on Cryogen paper, which adds a nice sparkle.

"Guardian Castle (Copic Version)"

It's up to you which version you prefer. I would trend to pick the Copic version because of it vibrancy.

I will try to work on the Derwent Inktense watercolor version, but seeing that it is Easter Sunday, my understanding wife may nix that.

Hope you enjoy the Copic version. Let me know by you comments which you prefer.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Bob L.

8 Response to "TK Guardian Castle (Copic Version)"

  1. anaRy says:
    April 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM

    Exquisite Bob!
    Beautifully colored. You are an inspiration!
    Anary

  2. Clara says:
    April 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM

    Beautiful card! I love the Copic version.

  3. Carol's Crafts says:
    April 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

    Absolutely Beautiful, Bob. It's hard to say
    which one I like the best. They both are
    beautiful in their own way.

  4. ShellyRaeWood says:
    April 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM

    Oh Bob....it is hard to choose. They are both awesome!! I'm thinking I like the Prismacolor Best!! :) Shelly from ARTHaven

  5. Kerry says:
    April 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM

    Bob - both cards are awesome! I tend to lean toward the copic, it seems far more intense, yet I like the lightness of the pencils. Anxious to see with the other pencils - I'm sure it will be just as intense and the earlier two - your work is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Kerry P.

  6. Angie Hall Haviland says:
    April 3, 2010 at 4:54 PM

    OH WOW STUNNING, Bob!! What an amazing difference!

  7. Sheri says:
    April 4, 2010 at 11:01 AM

    I would never be able to choose a favorite version Bob ..they ate both amazing, each in it's own way!

  8. Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf says:
    April 5, 2010 at 4:03 AM

    Wow Bob, this card is so fantastic and wonderful. Great creation.

    Hugs from Germany
    Anja

Post a Comment