Airbrushing Card Accessories

Sunday, December 13, 2009
Copic Tidbit:
The ability to color just about any card accessory used for card making or scrapbooking to match your Copic markers, makes the Copic Airbrush System, a great investment. It's also great for airbrushing backgrounds.

There are three different systems that you can purchase, The ABS1 or ABS3 are the least expensive way to get into airbrushing. The ABS1 system, which I have, is the best buy for the money. It has everything you need to use all aircan sizes, plus the ability and accessories you need to hook up to a compressor, if you decide to buy one.


The size of air can that you can use with the system are;

Aircan D60 lasts about 7-8 minutes

Aircan 80 lasts about 20 minutes

Aircan 180 lasts about 45 minutes


The aircans that I keep on hand are the D60, because I can hook it up directly to the grip and carry it to card clubs easily. The aircan 180 give the maximum airbrush time and I use this at home.

Here are some of the things I airbrush for my cards.


The chart only shows a small sample of the items that can be airbrushed. The ribbon needs to be airbrushed from both sided so that when you tie the bow it's the same color . The flowers can be done in multiple colors. And don't forget backgrounds, the possibilities are endless.

It's to the point now where I buy everything I can in white, then airbrush it to the color that I need for my card. It may not save you money to start, but just think of all of the room you save, not having to store all those different colors.

Next thing I have to do is convince my supportive wife that I just have to have a compressor.

If you buy the ABS1 system, remember to buy extra air cans at the same time. Once you start airbrushing, it's addictive.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Bob L.

4 Response to "Airbrushing Card Accessories"

  1. Shelly Schmidt says:
    December 13, 2009 at 10:50 AM

    I got the airbrush at Dick Blick with a coupon (40% off!), and went through the can in one project......so, I asked for the air compressor for Christmas last year- the one Markie's Mom on SCS purchased- it is from Harbor freight- works great and I highly recommend it! I would love tutorials on what colors to use for airbrushing a background- sky, grass, etc..........

  2. Jana M. says:
    December 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

    i love your tidbits, Bob!! I, too, love my ABS for coloring accessories. I have a small compressor I bought from Tower Hobbies. Works wonderfully!

    I think coloring ribbon is my favorite thing to do. :)

    Thanks for sharing this. I really enjoy your blog and your cards are fantastic! Truly inspirational.

  3. Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) says:
    December 13, 2009 at 12:39 PM

    Thanks for the little tidbits, they are very helpful (and very enabling)...I think for being such a good boy and sharing so well that Santa should bring you a compressor for Christmas!! *Ü*

  4. patm says:
    February 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM

    Thank you so much for the info I never even thought of that, but coloring ribbon is such a good idea. I just got my air brushing system. You have given me some great ideas. Thanks a lot.......patm

Post a Comment